CTEP - Guidelines for Conference Proposal
- The organizers of Conference, Seminar, Symposia, Workshop should have in house expertise in the subject field of the event proposed otherwise the application will not be considered.
- Wherever an Institute/University/Organisation and a Registered Society/ Association are jointly organizing a seminar, the responsibility of furnishing the Utilization Certificate and Statement of Total Income & Expenditure will lie with both.
- In case grants-in-aid is granted and there are overall profits/ savings as per the statement of total income from all the sources & expenditure of the Seminar etc., the grants-in-aid sanctioned would be treated as loan and Organising Institute would be required to refund the same to the extent of savings. For other terms and condition of the grants-in-aid from DBT, refer condition for DBT grant.
- For holding international conferences/seminar/workshop etc. approvals from Administrative Ministry, Clearances from Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of External Affairs are required.
- More than two applications from the same Organisation may not be entertained in the same period. The final discretion on the same would be taken by the Committee based on the quality of the proposals.
- Frequently Asked Questions relating to international conference
- Final decision about the approval and financial consideration amount shall be communicated 30 days prior to the event after the approval of competent authority.
- "In principle approval" or rejection will be communicated via CTEP website after consideration in the ECPPB meeting.
- "In principle approval", in no case be taken as guarantee of funding full or part amount mentioned in the "in principle approval". DBT will, in no case will be responsible for any expenditure made by the proposer on the basis of "in principle approval". It is reiterated that DBT will be responsible for release of any amount only after approval of the Competent Authority subject to the fulfilment of other guidelines of the scheme.
- Support of the Department of Biotechnology should be acknowledged in the proceedings, reports, folders, stationery, banners etc. of the Seminar/Symposium/Conference/ Workshop.
- No change in the status of proposal from International to national or vice versa would be permitted under any circumstances.
- In case the numbers of the speakers, as submitted in the proposal, do not turn up, the sanctioned amount would be appropriately reduced by the department on the basis of actual number of speakers present and other outcomes of the conference. Any decision taken by department in such cases will be final.
- Claims should be submitted within 3 months. Any claim received beyond this period will not be considered for payment.
- The grant/reimbursement of expenses will be made after successful completion of the event and submission of all requisite documents. The amount would be released at the earliest subject to availability of funds.
In view of the changed scenario, the Department has now approved the inclusion of Online/Virtual Conference.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The proposals recommended by the Committee would be funded @ Rs. 8,000/- per day under the virtual Conference category
- Links of the event to be informed to DBT-CTEP Cell well in advance.
DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED WHILE SUBMITTING THE PROPOSAL
An approval letter from the Head of the Organization/Institute or HOD on the organization letter head (with seal). The letter should have the following details:
- Name of the Applicant
- Title of the event
- Detailed Technical Programme with title of talk of the speakers.
- Designation and affiliations of speakers must be provided.
- Acceptance/Confirmation letters from both national and international speakers should be attached.
In case of International Conference, copies of the following should be enclosed:
- Approval of Administrative Ministry
- Clearance of Ministry of External Affairs
- Clearance of Ministry of Home Affairs
- Registration fee that may be charged by the organizers should be mentioned, if no registration is charged, it should also be indicated.
- In case of grant-in-aid received from the DBT for the Seminars during last 3 years, the copies of all Utilisation Certificates and Statement of Total Income from all the sources & Expenditure for these seminars should be sent to DBT-CTEP Cell and any unspent balance (if any) lying with the Organising Institution as per Statement of Total Income from all the sources & Expenditure may please be refunded immediately with the interest earned through Demand Draft/ Cheque drawn in favour of "Biotech Consortium India Limited-CTEP" and sent to DBT-CTEP Cell, C/o BCIL 5th Floor, Anuvrat Bhawan | 210, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg New Delhi – 110002
- You can upload a pdf file of maximum size of 2 MB.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED AFTER THE EVENT (TO DBT-CTEP MANAGEMENT CELL)
- Utilisation Certificate and Statement of Expenditure (UC and SE) as per the format UC/SE Format
- The UC&SE should be duly signed and stamped by an independent Chartered Accountant in case the organisation is Non-Government.
- A detailed report on the event along with the copy of publication(s)/proceedings clearly mentioning the number of participants (National & International).
- Soft copy of the lectures along with recording and photographs of the event.
- Duly verified Bank details of your organisation (Name as per bank account, Bank Name, Branch and Address, Account No, Nature of account, IFSC code and MICR Code).